It was an interesting start for this week on all fronts. Cleaning and dusting the house was done over Monday & Tuesday. Took leave with work @ home option due to personal reasons and the spare time allowed for doing the activity. It is really a painful task but the results make you happy. I suffer from dust allergy and as expected got Hay Fever by the end of it all. Took couple tablets and am relieved now. Hope not to receive any yelling from dad :).
On the work front, it was bit exciting with some serious work happening on project completion. Appraisal's are round the corner and just received a mail, asking to complete it in 3 days. I was like "what the hell" 3 days to summarize a year's activities??, need some more time to complete and have brokered a pact asking for extension.
Another interesting thing happened, my colleague was selling his car and I was contemplating buying it. Spoke to mom asking for initial funding, she agreed to speak with Dad. Mom asked Dad and surprisingly he approved...i thought my starts are shining bright today...Spoke to my colleague and came to know he had a buyer with a higher price than what I had quoted, tried convincing him but nothing materialized. Cant blame him though as there was a huge difference from what the other buyer agreed and what I had quoted for...so near but so far....Actually for past two years I wanted to buy a car but never came too close as this time, unfortunately my wish is yet to be fulfilled.
My plan to go to Tirupati today failed, as did not get darshan tickets. Planning to go next week though...I felt today, it is not when you want to see god, but when he wants to see you, wow, sounding philosophical....
The test series with New Zealand has begun today and India had a splendid first day, but they could have played better by mopping up the tail. No offense to the Kiwis, specially Vettori & Ryder, they batted splendidly and gained some momentum. It will be interesting to see India play tomorrow (actually in 4 hours from now), hope they put up a good total and try winning the first match.
The Internet Personified: The Best Books I Read In 2023
-
My beloved bookworms!
It is here! My annual “these are the best things I read all year.” I’d like
to do a little ceremony around each one, because really...
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment